What is #GivingTuesday?
In the week following Thanksgiving, Americans will spend millions of dollars in the shopping frenzies around Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday is a day to remind us all that giving means much more than the exchange of material goods—it means volunteering at a local shelter, helping out a friend in need, and, of course, donating to worthy causes.
As the crowdfunding platform for causes, Razoo is enabling nonprofits across the country to participate in #GivingTuesday™ through online fundraising. This #GivingTuesday—December 2nd, 2014 from 12:01 a.m. EST until 11:59 p.m. EST—join us in a movement of generosity and everyday philanthropy.
- Last year, Razoo's #GivingTuesday Giving Day raised $1,141,097 in 24 hours.
- In 2013, the movement garnered 300 million impressions on Facebook. The #GivingTuesday hashtag reached 2 billion people and was tweeted as much as 700 times/minute, resulting in national and international trending.
- The average online gift in 2013 was $140.05, a 40% increase over 2012.
- Bill Gates, the White House, the Clinton Foundation, and numerous socially‐conscious celebrities publicly supported #GivingTuesday on their blogs and social media channels.
- #GivingTuesday generated mentions on NPR, CBS Evening News, ABC News, USA Today, the Huffington Post, Forbes, Mashable, the Washington Post and the Los Angeles Times.
Help Out Transgender Education Network of Texas